For small waters and small fish, this rod loads up with just a few feet of line out of the rod tip and excels at fishing dries, terrestrials and hopper dropper rigs. Introducing the all new Scott Flex series, rods so light, effortless, and forgiving, they let you focus on fishing better.
Flex rods generate line speed and tight loops effortlessly, helping you cast accurately and control your presentations. And, their powerful butt sections help with quick, positive hook sets and fish control. I
ncorporating many of the innovations found in our award winning Radian and Meridian rods, Flex rods combine high performance with top quality components. And, each Flex rod is handcrafted, start to finish, in our shop in Montrose, Colorado.
Fish better….fish the rod that works hard for you.
- X-Core: Enhanced feel, incredible stability and unequalled performance. X-Core combines the industry’s leading composite technologies with cutting edge design. Diameter is proportional to stiffness and strength, and X-Core, or Expanded Core, technology delivers blanks that transmit feel and maintain stability better than any other design approach. We use fast taper mandrels with low-mass, thin-walled blanks and proprietary ARC reinforcement to create rods that have stiffness with feel, and stability with sensitivity. This design helps the rod come alive in your hands. It’s a superior approach to the slow taper, thick walled designs that deliver stiffness at the expense of feel.
- Multi Modulus: Fine-tuned flex and recovery. Scott pioneered the use of multi modulus fiber lay ups in blank design. By varying the fiber tensile modulus along the length of the rod, we’re able to precisely control the stiffness and recovery speed of our blanks. The result is a rod that loads and unloads more smoothly.
- ARC: Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength. Scott is the leader in carbon blank reinforcements. Our latest ARC technology adds hoop strength to our blanks without adding weight, and counteracts torque that can reduce casting accuracy and line control.
- Natural Finish: Walk down a rod rack at your local fly shop and you'll notice something different about Scott rods. Like everything we do, the Scott Natural Finish is all about making your rod lighter, more durable, and better performing. Most other rods on the shelf are run through a belt sander, tearing away the outside power fibers of the blank and introducing variance. Inadvertent flatspotting during the sanding process will weaken a blank, and blanks are designed with a margin of error to accommodate for oversanding. After the blank is sanded, a glossy paint is applied to add shelf appeal. Natural finish blanks aren't subjected to the rip through the sanding belt, nor are they covered with heavy paint to add pop in your fly shop. We're firm believers in the natural beauty of graphite. A natural finish blank is built to exacting tolerances. Scott's advanced resin systems permeate the blank, leaving a durable finish that will stand up to years of abuse.
- Made in USA: Every Scott rod is made from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado. We take our mission to handcraft high performance rods very seriously. We use the knowledge gained from forty years of design experience with our commitment to handcraft every fly rod we make to give you top performance and benchmark quality. It's in all the little details that exceptional rods are distinguished from merely good rods.
- Warehouse - Default
- 2020-07-30 21:33:18