Golf with a gun is a fun, social, and realistic training experience to prepare shooters for their fall hunts across a relaxing 1 mile hiking path with 6 shooting stations of varying difficulty (pars). The goal of this course is to refine your shooting and hunting equipment under actual field conditions prior to your hunt(s). Experienced instructors will offer coaching and feedback across all aspects of the day, making this an extremely valuable learning experience.
Following Golf's scoring system, you can gauge your progress: the lower your shots to hit your target, the better you are doing. Each of the firing lanes exercises a different skill or challenge, no two points are the same problem. Once you and your shooting partner finish up, we will have refreshments on hand and a shuttle back to your vehicles.
- Precision shooters: rifle capable of accurate shots to 650 yards with 50 rounds of ammo OR Carbine shooters: rifle with a sling and 4 magazines, 120 rounds total
- Hearing and eye protection
- Weather specific clothing to include long pants with a belt. Long sleeves are highly recommended as well.
- Boots/ shoes for the trail. It is a groomed trail winding through a creek and up a small hill.
- Water and snacks
- Pack system to carry shooting gear, water, snacks, and any hunting gear you plan to hike with
- Sunscreen/ hat
- Spotting optics are recommended. The coaching staff will have spotting optics up and provide help with firing solutions, but it is advised to get time with your own set up in the field.
*Please read and acknowledge the terms and conditions before booking this class.*